Saturday, November 13, 2010

First post! Hello there and welcome to my blog!

Hi everyone! Wow, it's been a while since I've had a blog. (Kinda therapeutic, no?) My name's Angie and this is the blog for my up and coming craft line: Blueberry Crumble Crafts, a line of cute, homemade toys, plushies, and knick-knacks for people young and old. You see, I've always been a fan of artsy things and would doodle and paint from a young age. Making things makes me happy! In recent years, I've done and sold a lot of fan art at anime conventions (namely ConnectiCon and AnimeNEXT), and that made me happy too--not the money-making (though it's a bonus), but getting my arts and crafts seen and appreciated by people who enjoy the same video games and such. Over time, however, I started to ponder: "What if some people only (or mostly) like my arts and crafts because they're from their favorite series? Even if that's not the case, can I really keep doing fan art the way I am now?" That led me to make some more original plushies at my most recent convention--almost all of them sold out! That gave me a really big confidence boost, knowing that I had the potential to make cute, original things that people will enjoy just as much. Inspiration struck, and I decided I would go for it and try to start a new crafty chapter in my life--not just for the enjoyment of others, but also so that I could better enjoy the work that I do and truly call it my own. Thus, Blueberry Crumble Crafts was born!

Although I haven't made a whole lot of progress yet, I have a bunch of things that I'll be posting periodically on this blog, so you can see some of what I make and the experiences I have along my journey. From time to time, I'd also like to feature other crafters' works on my blog--not only does it help me remember some of the really neat things I stumble upon (and I do love stumbling upon neat things!), but it also helps share it with others...and arts and crafts are meant to be shared, in my opinion. It spreads smiles and makes the world happier, too!

Thanks for stopping by and checking me out! Hope to see you again soon!
-Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment