Wednesday, November 24, 2010

CRAFT: Thanksgiving tidings, and a new friend!

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! Wow, it's finally here! Today's going to be a crazy day, but the apartment's going to smell amazing. I just know it! Wherever you may be today and whoever you're with, I hope you enjoy it too! Please feel free to leave a comment about your upcoming turkey day, gobba gobba~

Normally I wouldn't post anything at 2:00 in the morning (especially with all the cooking I have to do today), but I couldn't resist. I finished sewing a lil' Thanksgiving buddy a little while ago--meet Waddlesworth, my turkey and personal assistant!


Isn't he adorable? He actually sits upright on his own, which is a big plus! (He enjoys fine arts, puffing away on his bubble pipe, and pecking at bugs.)

Something interesting I thought up on the spot: the way I sewed Waddlesworth's tail onto his body allowed me to have him hold some of my things, like a pocket! And then I thought, "This will help me by having him hold recipe cards and lists while I cook, so I don't have to dig!" Case in point:


My Thanksgiving just got a little brighter already! Thanks, Waddlesworth! ("Gobba gobba.")

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours! Don't brawl too much on Black Friday, now! ;)
-Angie

1 comment: